Tier 3 - Personhood Later
As a Republican primary candidate, Ted Cruz has taken contradictory positions on abortion and it is sobering to realize that his effort to get votes from the Republican base could explain this behavior.
- Cruz Signed a Personhood Affirmation and Opposes Personhood Legislation: Contradicting himself on the most fundamental off all rights, Ted Cruz signed the Georgia RTL personhood pledge that asks candidates to affirm that, "a continuum of human life and personhood begins at the moment of fertilization" and to promise to protect, "the civil rights of the pre-born at an embryonic or fetal level." 1 2 Then, in January 2016, Cruz said, "I have not supported personhood legislation... the pro-life community is divided on this... personhood legislation can be counterproductive because it focuses on issues that are unrelated to protecting unborn children." 3 See this for yourself right here in this brief American RTL video:
Follow These Regulations And Then You Can Kill the Baby: By co-sponsoring the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act (S.1670) 4 Ted Cruz unwittingly supports the NAF policy goals expressed by the founder of the National Abortion Federation, "pro-choice" activist Frances Kissling. For example, Cruz' bill actually states that, "it shall be unlawful for any person to perform an abortion or attempt to do so, unless... The physician [i.e., the abortionist] performing or attempting the abortion shall first make a determination of the probable post-fertilization age of the unborn child..." Laws that regulate the intentional murder of the innocent backfire and are evil on their face, regardless of the motivations of those who support it. A German who proposed a law that regulated which innocent Jews could be killed would have been part of the problem. By his support for violent and wicked ostensibly "pro-life" laws that permit the dismemberment of innocent children, regardless of his own motivations, Ted Cruz disqualifies himself from any leadership position, and unless he repents, should not be supported but admonished. To understand the gravity of this, please see AmericanRTL.org/abortion-regulations. Over the last decade, many horrific "pain-capable" bills, tragically supported by National RTL and the pro-life industry, required abortionists to offer anesthesia to the mom before they kill the baby.
- If the Father Is a Criminal, Then You Can Kill the Baby: Also revealed by Ted Cruz co-sponsoring the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act is his repeated support for laws that permit even late-term children to be killed if the unborn child’s father is a criminal (ie. a rapist). 4
For example, Cruz' bill actually states that, "it shall be unlawful for any person to perform an abortion... unless... the pregnancy is the result of rape..." Every law that ends in "and then you can kill the baby" is an evil law. Tragically, Cruz disqualifies himself from consideration as a moral leader by supporting laws that end with, "and then you can kill the baby." To understand the gravity of this, please see AmericanRTL.org/abortion-rape-exception.
- Cruz Supported the Partial Birth Abortion Fiasco that Permitted Various Methods of Killing Late-Term Babies: Ted Cruz perhaps has never read, and so does not understand to this day, that the Supreme Court's PBA Carhart opinion which he celebrates 5 is actually an instruction manual on how to "legally" perform a late-term abortion. The 15-year PBA fiasco was a cash cow that raised a quarter of a billion dollars for the pro-life industry. Yet even Dr. Dobson, an agressive PBA "ban" promoter, had to acknowledge in writing that, "Ending partial birth abortion... does not save a single human life." To understand the gravity of this, please see AmericanRTL.org/pba-fiasco. So while Cruz should have been one of the leaders who warned the pro-life community of the fraudulent and immoral PBA fundraiser, instead, he even brags on his presidential campagin website 6 that he was the solicitor general "to successfully defend a federal law that bans partial birth abortion before the U.S. Supreme Court."
- Let's Defund Planned Parenthood Again: Though part of George W. Bush's administration, Ted Cruz never sounded the warning that the Bush administration had doubled the funding for Planned Parenthood even while telling pro-lifers that they were against such funding. And Cruz has yet to openly acknowledge Bush's hypocrisy and to apologize for his silence. Therefore he cannot be trusted when he says, as during the Republican presidential debates, that Congress should defund Planned Parenthood. Here is the documented track record of high-profile Republican politicians who ran pro-life campaigns, and even campaigns against abortion funding:
- George W. Bush virtually doubled Planned Parenthood's funding by giving them a billion dollars more than even Bill Clinton gave them
- Bush's record abortion funding happened when the Republicans won the trifecta to control the legislative, judical, and executive branches
- George H. W. Bush is the one who began the "Family Planning" Title X funding which will soon hit ten billion dollars given to Planned Parenthood
- Continuing the Bush family legacy of funding abortion, until December 2014 Jeb Bush sat on the board of a foundation giving tens of millions to PP
- Repub. Paul Ryan says abortionists should not get one red cent, then fully funds PP in pro-Obama 2016 budget
- Roe v. Wade was written by Republican Justice Blackmun and passed by a Republican majority
Ted Cruz undermining the child's right to life by supporting child-killing regulations suggests that one day he'll add himself to this list.
Get Parental Involvement, And Then You Can Kill The Baby: Ted Cruz defended the New Hampshire parental-notification law before the U.S. Supreme Court. These are counterproductive child-killing regulations which, regardless of good intentions, declare that if the parents are notified, or consent, to kill their grandchild, then the abortionist can kill their daughter's child. This regulation terribly backfires. Crimes and sins become more egregious, not less, the more deliberate they are and the greater the number of people who conspire. This effect intensifies with the magnitude of the crime. Affirming that an abortionist may dismember a baby because the family has agreed to it is not a godly strategy that any Christian should support. 7
- Require Waiting Periods, Hospital Admitting Privileges, Building Codes, and Ultrasounds: And Then You Can Kill the Baby. To understand the gravity of the moral relativism of supporting child-killing regulations, please see AmericanRTL.org/regs. At a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on the so-called Women's Health Protection Act, Ted Cruz displayed morally compromised thinking. Not surprisingly (some) abortionists want to prevent states from implementing abortion regulations such as waiting periods, mandated ultrasounds, requiring abortionists to have admitting privileges at local hospitals, and structural requirements for clinics. By the law of unintended consequences, and by reducing the child's life to a second-tier negotiable issue, all such efforts backfire. For example, moving an abortionist to gain admitting privileges as a local hospital is a horror for the community, for any patients he may then "treat" there, and for the hospital itself and its staff for whatever influence he may then have on them. Abortion regulations undermine God's enduring command, Thou shall not murder and they violated the Bible's warning to not "do evil that good may come." Regardless of the intentions, such regulations hurt the chances of the unborn child by making abortion look more reasonable and acceptable to the general public in the same way that the PBA fiasco did. 8
- Thankfully Opposes Oral Abortifacients: Thankfully, Ted Cruz has helped to educate the public to understand that the Plan B pill, which can prevent a fertilized embryo from implanting into the uterus, actually causes a chemical abortion by killing the littlest boys and girls. (And of course, the abortionist-administered RU-486 also kills a child after his or her life has begun.) 9
- Promises To Prosecute Planned Parenthood For Criminal Violations If Elected: "If I'm elected president, let me tell you about my first day in office. The first thing I intend to do is to rescind every illegal and unconstitutional executive action taken by Barack Obama. The next thing I intend to do is instruct the Department of Justice to open an investigation into these [selling baby-parts for profit] videos and to prosecute Planned Parenthood for any criminal violations." 10
As a Republican U.S. Senator with presidential ambitions, Ted Cruz has taken contradictory positions on abortion and because abortion is the killing of an innocent child, Sen. Cruz continues to disqualify himself from holding any leadership position.
- 1GRTL PAC: Ted Cruz Signs Personhood Pledge
- 2See Cruz' personhood signature with ARTL's Actions speak louder than words comment
- 3American RTL video
- 4 a b Congress.gov
- 8NewsMax.com: Ted Cruz: Abortion Access Law Is Part of 'Real' War on Women
- 9HuffingtonPost.com: Ted Cruz Calls Birth Control 'Abortifacients'
- 10CNSnews.com: Cruz: I Would Order DOJ to Open Investigation into Planned Parenthood