Tier 1 - Personhood Now
Tom Hoefling, founder and chairman of America's Party and 2020 candidate for President, is committed to the absolute obligation to protect every innocent human life.
Tom Hoefling has been a pro-life advocate for more than 20 years. Active for many years in the Republican Party, Tom left that party in 2008 and founded America's Independent Party, which has since changed its name to America's Party. The party is based on the principles of the Declaration of Independence. Tom has been party chairman since the party's founding.
- Asserts the self-evident truth that our rights, including the right to life, come from the Creator God and are therefore unalienable. 1
- Makes "the urgent imperative demand that all officers of government henceforth faithfully perform their sworn duty to defend innocent human life and constitutional republican governance." 2
- Is an unparty, allowing affiliates to be simultaneously affiliated with another political party, and endorsing candidates based on principle rather than party affiliation. 3
- Requires affiliates to swear or affirm belief that "our rights to life, liberty and private property are God-given and therefore unalienable." 2
- Requires affiliates to pledge that they will, to the best of their ability, "seek to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, and diligently work to secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our posterity." 2
- Maintains that the Fourteenth Amendment imperatively requires that all persons within the jurisdictions of all the States be afforded the equal protection of the laws. 1
- Promotes the "Equal Protection for Posterity Resolution." 4
In 2012, Tom Hoefling was America's Party's presidential candidate, and Tier 1 pro-life leader J.D. Ellis was the party's vice-presidential candidate. In the general election in California, Hoefling's name was on the ballot as the presidential candidate for the American Independent Party.
In 2013, Hoefling returned to the Republican Party to run for governor of the state of Iowa in the June 3, 2014, primary election.
In January 2016, Hoefling announced his entry into the 2016 presidential race. 5 He received the unanimous nomination 6 of the American Party 7 in May, and he is seeking the nomination of America's Party 8 and the American Independent Party 9 He unsuccessfully sought the nomination of the Constitution Party. Find his 2016 campaign website at tomhoefling.com and on facebook.
In June 2020, Hoefling announced his entry into the 2020 presidential race as an independent write-in candidate. His campaign website is at tomhoefling2020.com and see also facebook.com/TomHoefling2020.
"I will shut down every abortion facility in the country"
As a presidential candidate, Tom Hoefling published the following statement at his campaign website 10 and at the America's Party News website 11 under the title "I will shut down every abortion facility in the country":
"All officers of government in this country, in every branch, at every level, have as the first obligation of their sacred oath the protection of all innocent lives within their jurisdiction.
Should I be elected to the office of President of the United States, I will keep my oath.
Justice Blackmun, in Roe vs. Wade, admitted that “of course” the child in the womb is protected by the Fourteenth Amendment, if they are a person.
Since it is self-evident that they are a person, my first act as President, after having sworn the oath, will be to publish a presidential finding to that effect.
My second act will be to ask for the resignation of anyone in the executive branch who will not act accordingly.
My third act will be to order the closing of every abortion facility in the country, as per the explicit, imperative requirement of the Supreme Law of the Land.
'No person shall be deprived of life without due process of law.'
'No State shall deprive any person of life without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.'”
-- Tom Hoefling
Summary: Tom Hoefling, founder and chairman of America's Party, and currently a candidate for President of the United States, is committed to the absolute obligation to protect every innocent human life. He is a Tier 1 (personhood now) pro-lifer.
- 1 a b America's Party Platform
- 2 a b c "America's Party: Affiliation Agreement"
- 3"America's Party: About Us"
- 4The Equal Protection for Posterity Resolution text and The Equal Protection for Posterity Resolution (video)
- 5Tom Hoefling Announces 2016 Presidential Campaign
- 6Hoefling/Schulin ticket wins American Party nomination!
- 7American Party
- 8America's Party
- 9American Independent Party
- 10Tom Hoefling: "I will shut down every abortion facility in the country"
- 11Tom Hoefling: "I will shut down every abortion facility in the country"